How will both formal and ‘non-formal’ qualifications be regarded in Ireland by 2025?
The NQF-IN National Seminar (Ireland) was held on Tuesday 27 March 2018, jointly organised by the Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT) and Qualifications and Quality Ireland (QQI). The venue was the DIT Aungier Street Campus. The final seminar schedule addressed topics wider than the original title with policy and philosophical issues raised, in addition to the main focus on inclusion of non-formal qualifications in the NQF.
The final schedule was as follows:
- Anne Murphy – introductory presentation
- John McGrath - Is there research evidence that the labour market has mixed views regarding the need for all skills training to be included in the NQF
- Nora Condon - How the NFQ Facilitates the Identification of Skills Needs: Advantages & Limitations
- Dave Flynn - Trends and Foresight Seminar
- Jim Murray - The Challenges of Accommodating CPD activities in the NFQ, outside its current awards paradigm – some thoughts